There are many reasons for studying smarter. Here are some of the most important ones.
1. To maximize your potential. Most people can see the positives in making the most of life. Our brains are made to learn. Most people can understand that by maximizing potential they will live a richer, fuller life.
2. Have improved concentration. When you learn how to study smarter one of the byproducts is you are learning to concentrate. This helps in all aspects of life. By learning to concentrate on what you are doing you will get more done in general. A definite positive in all you do.
3. Make the most of your time. If you are going to study, it only makes sense to get as much as possible from your time studying. If you can learn more in a shorter period,you are giving yourself choices. Choices like learning more about the subject you are studying in the same amount of time. Being able to do other things you want, study more, go out with friends, play sports, or anything else you can think of.
4. Master new skills quickly. The power of mastering new skills quickly cannot be underestimated in all parts of your life. In school, at work, or in any situation, it helps you stay ahead of the pack. You will be able to decide what it is you want or need to learn, get it done quickly, and not have to wonder if what you are doing makes any sense. At work this can translate to a higher position, usually equaling more money.
5. Be less stressed out. Knowing that you know what you are talking about means not having to wonder if what you say makes sense. You can think about the task at hand instead of worrying if you will remember what to do. Less stress equals peace of mind equals a better quality of life.
6. No need for tutors or extra classes. You know what to do to learn what you need to learn, how to do it, and then you do it. Extra classes or tutors will just waste your time and your money. You could even help other people showing them what you know.
7. Become know as the "go to " person at school or work. When you study smarter you retain what you learn. You are not afraid to talk about that subject. People notice. They will start asking you questions instead of some else who likes to talk but does not know all the facts. You then earn their respect and become the "go to" person. In school or at work this can only increase your reputation.
8. Build confidence in all areas of your life. By knowing that you can recall what you have learned you build up your confidence in that subject. Little by little you start to build up your confidence in whatever you do because you know that people can see that you know what you are talking about.
9. Keep your mind active. When you know you can learn things easily you tend to keep learning. Learning becomes fun as opposed to a chore so you do it on a regular basis. This will usually last forever. Studies show that an active mind keeps you alive longer, keeps you more healthy, and slows down or prevents some diseases later in life with concern to your mind. Plus having an active mind results in a lot less boredom.
I hope this reinforces in your mind why studying smarter is a very good thing.